This week’s recipe is by AVECC Member Services Representative, Roxie Smith of Ozark.
“This is an easy go-to recipe that my family loves. Just pair it with a salad and supper will be a success!” Roxie Smith, AVECC Member Services Representative
- 2 loaves for Rhodes frozen bread (thawed)
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2lb hamburger meat (browned)
- 1/2lb Italian Sausage (browned)
- 4oz pepperoni
- 6 slices Canadian bacon cut into quarters
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1-4oz Jar mushrooms (drained)
- 1 small can sliced black olives (drained)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a large skillet, cook hamburger meat and sausage until brown. Drain.
- Roll the dough out on floured parchment paper into a rectangle. Roll out until thin or the thickness you like.
- Spread pizza sauce on dough.
- Layer with provolone cheese, meat, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, olives, and mozzarella cheese (or other desired toppings)
- Roll second loaf of bread out and place on top of the toppings and seal the edges together. Brush egg on dough and cut slits in the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut into squares. Serve hot.
NOTE: all toppings are optional