Attorney General Rutledge is urging Arkansans to be aware of scam artists who are demanding money while posing as utility companies. Please rest assured, Arkansas Valley Electric will never call you threatening to shut off your electricity.
In fact, Attorney General Rutledge recommends the following tips to ensure payment is safely sent to your utility company:
- Contact the utility company directly by calling the listed number and verifying the amount owed.
- Drop off the payment at the utility office or an authorized payment location.
- Pay online on the utility company’s website with a credit card or call the company directly.
- Consider participating in an automated bank account draft system, if it is offered.
- Mail the payment to the company directly.
For more information on Attorney General Rutledge’s statement, please visit https://arkansasag.gov/media-center/consumer-alerts/attorney-general-alert-dont-get-snowed-by-utility-bill-scams/