- Two $2500 scholarships will be awarded to two public school teachers, funded by Arkansas Valley Electric.
- Any public education teacher K-12, whose district is in the Arkansas Valley Electric service territory.
- Arkansas Valley Electric employees, directors and their immediate family members are not eligible.
- Board of Directors and their immediate family members are not eligible.
- Community members may nominate an area teacher by submitting an online form with the nominator’s name/phone number, name of nominated teacher/subject taught/school district, and explanation why teacher deserves scholarship/how the teacher has positively influenced school district in 350 words or less.
AVECC Scholarship Committee will review all applications and choose finalists. AVECC Scholarship Committee will then schedule a visit to the finalists’ schools and interview administration, one peer teacher, and one student to discuss the nominated teacher’s attributes and description of “why nominated teacher deserves this scholarship.”
AVECC Scholarship Committee will choose two winners to receive a $2500 scholarship. Winnings may be used at the teacher’s discretion.
Nomination deadline: September 30, 2021