AVECC Provides a COVID-19 Q&A
Arkansas Valley Electric is monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic closely and will serve the membership to the best of our abilities as this situation evolves. AVECC leaders compiled a question and answer document to best help our membership during this time.
SERVICES and OPERATIONS QUESTIONS
- Will AVECC continue to connect and disconnect services? Yes, AVECC will continue providing regular connect and disconnect services, as requested.
- If my power goes out, will AVECC restore my power? Please report any outages using the existing outage reporting protocol by going to our website, using our app, or by phone. AVECC will restore power as safely and quickly as possible.
- If I need maintenance on my outdoor light, will AVECC assist me? Until further notice, all outdoor light services are on hold. If you have specific questions or requests, you may call member services.
- Will AVECC trim my trees? If you have a right-of-way issue, please contact member services. However, all regularly scheduled tree trimming services are on hold until further notice.
- Will AVECC pull my meter if I have electrical work scheduled? AVECC will continue to provide this service after the request is made.
- If I do not pay my bill by the date on my shut-off notice, will you disconnect my power? All disconnects will be on hold until April 17th as of March 20, 2020.
- If my employment or financial situation has changed due to the COVID-19, will AVECC work with me on payment arrangements? If you need alternate payment options, please call member services to discuss a payment plan.
- I can’t pay my entire bill. Will AVECC charge a late fee? No, there will be no late fees applied to bills that cannot be paid before April 17,2020. However, we do encourage members to pay as much of their monthly bill as you are comfortable with in order to avoid higher payments in future months.
- Can I pay my bill from home? AVECC has multiple options to pay your bills from the comfort of your home including pay online on our website, via our app, and over the phone, including text-to-pay.
- Can I pay my bill at AVECC locations? Our lobby is closed until further notice, but the drive-thrus are open from 8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday through Friday at the Ozark, Waldron, and Van Buren location and the drop box in Pocola. Our ten kiosks are also available. Find a kiosk near you: avecc.com/waystopay/paysite-kiosks/
- If you did not find the answer to your question here, please call member services to talk to a member services representative.
- Some issues will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- All services are subject to change during the fluidity of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This Q&A was created specifically in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These are not normal operating procedures.
- Please feel free to call member services for any further questions at 1-800-468-2176.